This all started as most things do with a simple decision which led to another and another. Now I sit here taking a small break from my morning chaos to let you see “inside” what it all takes to get this 55-year-old ready for a photo shoot. Big sigh here…..It was so much easier when I was younger.
So it in case you ever have to submit to this kind of scrutiny here is a fairly complete list of preparations to make me look like a goddess for my photo’s
One week prior:
- start paying more attention to skin! Cut back on retinol and use more hydrating. B5 is my friend right now along with Conditioning Moisurizing Cream.
- pick out clothing for shoot….at least 5 different looks
- do some online research and have a list of “do’s” and “oh no, I won’t make that mistake” kind of poses
One day prior:
- Flower Enzyme Peel with steam to slough off tired skin
- Polish nails (have tried out several shades this week and picked my winner)
- Drink water….and wine
- Avoid salty foods
- Sleep on satin pillowcase to ease any fine wrinkles
Morning of Shoot:
- Drink coffee and remember to keep breathing!
- Brightening Polish for perfectly smooth skin on face, neck and decolletage 10 minutes then followed with Restorative Mask.
- Dead sea salt scrub for arms and legs followed by Glisten Body Moisturizer ( still not sure how much “skin” to show in photo’s)
- Deep conditioner hair with gloessentials Intense replenish conditioner
- Before drying hair apply 4 drops of Infinite Shine ….maybe a few drops more…couldn’t hurt! Boost Hair volumizer at roots.
- Blow out hair using Olivia Round Brush for full smooth look and then use 1″ barrel curling iron for curl.
Two hours before shoot:
- Time for makeup! Applying B5 Hydration and Vital E Eye cream and Oil Free Moisturizer.
- Illuminator on center areas of face and Face Primer on “little” pesky wrinkles near eyes (it’s hard being 54 sometimes….this is one of them)
- Under Eye Concealer and Lid Primer before applying glominerals Liquid Satin finish foundation…top with glo Pressed foundation.
- Hmmm, what eyeshadow???? I pick the sparkly creamy color from Copper Sheen for lids and then Stone for crease and Silver Mist in outside corners. Precision Liner on lower and upper lids. Lash Thickener and Conditioner followed with Water Resistant Mascara.
- Apply Eyebrow Powder in Auburn to eyebrows and comb out with spoolie
- Tint for Cheeks in Sweet Pea with small amount of highlighter on upper cheekbone….Can I just say that I’m starting to look pretty good at this point.
- Lips get Lip Exfolliator first then Clear Lip Plumper followed with Persimmons lip gloss
- Apply Sunkiss Bronzer at outside forehead, cheeks and under-jaw
- Swirl Shimmer Brick in Gleam on my cheeks, forehead, jaw line and just a pinch on collar-bone. Nice!
- Finish with Perfecting Power and spritz of Hydration Mist
One Hour Before Shoot:
- Dress in outfit #1 and take a good long look in full length mirror. No wrinkles, bulges, or loose threads anywhere.
- Spray hair with Radiant fix Hairspray in Medium Hold (love this stuff as I can “re-work” my hair later and it feels soft and natural yet holds the style!)
I’m ready for my close up….I hope.