After working three days at the Northwest Women’s Show in Seattle I learned a few things. One wear much more comfortable shoes when you stand on concrete. And two is most women have no idea what the right shade of foundation should be. I was asked repeatedly to apply a darker shade to women so they wouldn’t look “washed out” ummm…yea…that is not doing what you think….Everyone (please underline everyone) can see you have a dark makeup on that does not match if that is what you’re doing (please gently pass this blog post to a friend if this is them) There are much better ways to add color to the skin tone.
So, here some help:
- Put a long swipe of color on your lower jaw and extend down to neck.
- Take a good hard look at both your face and neck….does it blend in and look like it’s not there? It should if it’s correct!
- Add bronzer around perimeter of face to add some depth of color (not in the middle of your face)
- Choose a blusher that looks natural and soft
- Blend all with a large brush to give an all over glow
- If you are over 45 please buy a 10X magnifying mirror. It’s tough to look at a blown up version of yourself but you will see what you really look like before anyone else does!